Sat Nav Instructions
Once you've downloaded the file, grab a jam tart, sit down, choose your instruction type below and have a good read - or you will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER have his voice on your tomtom EVER.
Instructions for Microsoft Windows
1. Connect your tomtom to your computer using your usb cable, or one of those card reader thingies.
2. Go to My Computer and double-click on the removable drive labelled tomtom.
3. Check that your card already has a folder labelled voices.
4. If not click on File > New > folder in the menu bar at the top of this window and change the name of the folder from New Folder to voices. But not fishburger, bees or cake voices, ok?
5.Unzip the downloaded file.
6. Copy the three files from the unzipped folder to the voices folder on your card. One of the files is a rather pretty picture of Eddie.
7. Turn off and disconnect your tomtom from your computer.
8. Remove card if you used a card reader and turn off your tomtom.
9. On your tomtom go to the menu screen choose Change Preferences > Change Voice and then scroll through your voices until you find sexie Eddie and select it.
10. That's it you're done!Now just drive and listen to his amazing voice.
Instructions for Mac OSX
1. With the power off on your tomtom device connect your device to your Macintosh using the USB cable, alternatively if you have a card reader insert your sd card to the reader and connect it to your macintosh.
2. Turn on your device. A new volume should appear on your desktop.
3. Unzip the downloaded file and open up the folder.
4. Double click the new volume and check it has a folder called voices if it does not then create a new folder by clicking File > New Folder and call this folder voices.
5. Drag the files out of the unzipped folder called data71.chk, eddie.vif and data71.bmp to the voices folder you just created.
6. Close all windows and eject the new volume by dragging it to the trash and then remove the USB cable from the computer and from your tomtom device.
7. On the main menu of your tomtom go to Change Preferences > Change Voice and scroll until you find Eddie then select it.
8. That's it you're done! Now enjoy his sexie voice wherever you go.
Instructions for Pocket PC
1. Save the downloaded zip file to your desktop and extract the files from the folder.
2. Connect your pocket PC to the computer using the cradle or usb cable. Then open Active Sync and go to explore.
3. Create a new folder by choosing File > New folder or right clicking and selecting New folder and name this folder voices.
4. Open the voices folder and copy the 3 files from the extracted zip folder.
5. That's it you're done! Now enjoy every journey with Eddie guiding you all the way.
Instructions for Palm Navigator
Note: this option is for installing voices without a card reader. If you have a card reader click here. If you do not have File Z download it here.
1. Right-click the zipped file and choose Explore.
2. Highlight the data files (.chk, .vif and .bmp ) and choose File > Extract All
3. The Compressed Folders Extraction Wizard will now begin, click Next.
4. Select Browse to find a place where the extracted files will be placed and then click Next.
5. Now click Finish.
6. Right-click each file and choose Rename.
7. Rename each file to .prc files (example: data71.chk = data71.chk.prc). Be sure not to delete the original extension.
8. Now open Palm Quick Install and drag the three files into the Expansion Card portion of your Palm Quick Install program.
9. Close Palm Quick Install and then peform a HotSync.
10. After HotSync, run File Z on your Palm.
11. Inside File Z on the Palm click on View and Edit Files.
12. Expand the following directory by tapping on the white arrow next to the name of the directory: Card > Palm > Launcher. Here you will see the three files that were transferred during Hotsync (data71.chk.prc & eddie.vif.prc & data71.bmp.prc).
13. Click on the each file that was transferred so that a (v) appears next to the file and select Details. This will need to be done one file at a time.
14. From here, rename each file back to their original extension (.chk,.vif or .bmp) by removing the suffix ".prc ".
15. After renaming, tap on Close and repeat the process with all of the other voice file(s). Once the files have been renamed back to their original extension, you will need to move the files to the correct pathway. Moving the files will enable Navigator to find the files when switching voices. You will need to move the voice files to the TomTom directory which, by default, is located in Card > TomTom.
16. Tap on each file so that a (v) appears next to them (you can select and move more than one file at a time).
17. Tap up at the top of the screen where it says "File Z" to get a drop down menu. Select Move and find the directory to which you will move the files (Card > Tom Tom).
18. Tap on the arrow next to Card to expand this directory. Highlight the TomTom folder by tapping on the word TomTom - you will see the white arrow next to it become solid black.
19. Tap on OK, exit File Z and restart Navigator.
20. To switch to the new voice in Navigator go to Main Menu > Change preferences > Change voice. Using the arrows, scroll though to find your new voice. Tap on Test to make sure the voice is working properly.
Instructions for Mobile Phones
WARNING! In order to install these voices on your mobile device, you must have a memory card reader/writer. You cannot use Microsoft ActiveSync, the Nokia PC Suite or the Sony Ericsson PC suite to install these voices. We strongly recommend that you make a backup of your original TomTom MOBILE memory card.
1. Insert the memory card into the memory card slot reader/writer.
2. Go to My Computer and select the removable drive of your memory card.
3. Check that this drive has a folder called voices, if not create one by selecting File > New Folder call this folder voices.
4. Unzip the downloaded folder this contains three files: data71.chk, eddie.vif and data71.bmp. Move all these files to the voices folder you created on the memory card.
5. Remove the memory card and place back into your mobile phone.
6. Switch on your phone and start tomtom as normal. On the menu screen go to Change Preferences > Change Voice and then scroll along until you find the sexie picture of Eddie and select it.
7. That's it, you're done! Now you have Eddie telling you how to get wherever your going.