Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of the Eddie Izzard site (www.eddieizzard.com or any sites that lead/point to it) (hereinafter referred to as "this site") is provided by PBJ Management Ltd ("us" or "we") subject to these Site Terms. ("us" or "we") subject to these Site Terms.
Your use of any part of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Site Terms, which take effect on the date on which you first use this site. We reserve the right to change these Site Terms at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the amended Site Terms.
Whilst we endeavour to make this site available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason this site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
Any information found on this site is intended for general guidance only. If you would like advice specific to your circumstances, please contact us. We may change this site and anything described in it without notice to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy. Except for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, we shall not be liable or any damages or losses (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
We do not warrant that this site will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may use. Although we may put in place security measures for your protection, we shall not be liable for damage to, or viruses that may affect, any computer equipment, software, data or other property as a result of your access to, use of or browsing of this site or your downloading of any material.
You shall not submit any material or information to us or to this site which is in any respect in breach of any statute, regulation or byelaw of any jurisdiction or which may breach the intellectual rights or privacy or other rights of any third party or which may be defamatory, obscene or indecent.
You shall fully and promptly indemnify us against all damages, proceedings, claims, demands, liabilities, losses, charges, costs and expenses which we may suffer or incur as a result (direct or indirect) of any material, information or data submitted by you to us or to this site.
The Eddie Izzard name and logo and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are registered European trademarks.
We accept no responsibility for the content of any site to which a link from this site exists. The links are provided “as is” with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about the way in which we use your personal data, please use our contact page.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the data which we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We own and control the data collected on our site, which we may use for our internal marketing and to improve our site. We do not disclose this data to third parties, unless required by law or court order or to enable third parties to provide certain services to us, for example web hosting. However, we will at all times control and be responsible for that use of your data.
We collect your personal data, which you voluntarily submit to us, for example when you complete a form on our site. We may use this data to provide you with newsletters and other information which you may have requested. We will only send you information using the data collected on our site when you request it.
We take appropriate steps to protect your data both online and off-line. We use firewalls to protect the information on our servers.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer our site and track your movements whilst on our site. IP addresses do not supply us with personally identifiable data.
Our site may contain links to other sites. Please note that we are not responsible for their privacy practices.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this statement at any time by posting revisions on our site. Each time you enter this site, you agree that the privacy statement current at that time shall apply to all data which we hold about you.
By using our site, you consent to our use of your personal data in the manner set out in this privacy statement.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and any other rights in all artwork, pictures, images, graphics, text and materials (together "Materials") on this site and the design, layout, look and appearance of this site are owned by us. You are permitted to use and download such Materials or extracts from this site, subject to all of the following:
- Your use of this site and the Materials on this site is for your information or personal use only. You may not use this site or such Materials for any commercial purpose without our express prior written consent.
- You must not in any way modify any such Materials, except as we expressly permit.
- No part of this site or the Materials on it may be reproduced or stored in any form or media without our prior written permission.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
Third Party Products and Services
This Site mentions third party products and services for informational purposes. PBJ Management and its suppliers make no recommendations or endorsements about any third party products or services.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO EVENT AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL PBJ MANAGEMENT OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, COSTS, FEES OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THIS SITE, OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS, OR ANY DATA SUPPLIED THEREWITH, EVEN IF PBJ MANAGEMENT OR A PBJ MANAGEMENT REPRESENTATIVE OR SUPPLIER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Make Humanity Great Again Donations
- Text messages cost the Donation Value, plus your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). This service can only be used from a UK mobile and does not include Channel Islands or Isle of Man mobile networks. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile abroad you may incur additional network charges. This service can only be used during the relevant campaign time from 6am Friday 11th December 2020 until 8pm on 28th February 2021. Donations can also be made online, follow the link at eddieizzard.com
- Where donations are associated with challenges, your donations are independent of the success or failure of the challenge.
- The following mobile network operators have waived their charges in order to allow the full Donation Value to go entirely to support the Make Humanity Great Again Fund (administed by the Talent Fund): 3, O2, Virgin, EE, Vodafone, Sky. In addition, HMRC has confirmed that no VAT should be charged on these donations.
- You can send a text donation between the campaign start date the campaign closing date stated in 1 above. Please ensure you spell the keyword correctly and send your text message to the correct number.
- If your keyword and short code are valid and your text message is received within the specified times and dates, you will be charged the Donation Value via the reply confirmation text message(s) and your donation will go to Make Humanity Great Again (with the exception of Vodafone customers and some EE customers who will be charged the Donation Value directly via their bill). It may take some time for you to receive the confirmation text message(s). Unless a cap applies (see below), each valid text you send will result in a charge of the Donation Value plus your standard network message charge, regardless of when you receive your confirmation text message(s). Any repeat texts will result in repeat donations.
- Following your donation, we may send you a follow up text to ask if you want to Gift Aid your donation. For us to claim Gift Aid, you must pay UK income or capital gains tax in the current tax year (this does not include VAT or council tax) at least equal to the amount reclaimed on all your charitable donations and understand that, if you pay less income tax or capital gains tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your charity donations, it is your responsibility to pay any difference. Find out more about Gift Aid. If you click the link in the text message you will be taken to a site to complete the Gift Aid declaration. Please read the details carefully before submission. You will not automatically be added to any marketing databases if we send you this follow up text.
- If by mistake you text us with the word “GIFT” or “GIFT AID” rather than following the above process, we may send you a message to notify you of the error and redirecting you to the above process again. You will not automatically be added to any marketing databases if we send you this text.
- If your keyword or short code is invalid, or if your message is received outside the times and dates of the service, you may not receive a confirmation text message but may still be charged your standard network message charge. If no confirmation text message is received, you will not be charged the Donation Value as you will not be donating to Make Humanity Great Again. However if at any point you receive confirmation text messages then you will be donating to Make Humanity Great Again: you will have been charged your standard network message rate and charged the Donation Value.
- If you enter the keyword incorrectly, but your text message is sent to 70810, and we, acting reasonably, believe you are trying to donate, you may still be charged the Donation Value and receive confirmation text messages, in which case your donation will still be made to Make Humanity Great Again. Alternatively, in such circumstances or any other circumstances where your donation has failed for any reason, we may instead send you a message to let you know that your donation has failed and offer you alternative routes to donate. The message we send to you in this instance is not a confirmation message so, whilst you will be charged your standard network message charge, you will not be charged the Donation Value and will not be donating to Make Humanity Great Again. You will not have been added to any marketing databases if we send you this follow up text unless you have expressly requested to be.
- You can donate a maximum total donation of £40 using the same keyword and short code from the same mobile telephone number in any one day (midnight to midnight). If you try to donate more than this using the same keyword and short code from the same mobile telephone number in one day, you will still be charged your standard network rate, but will not be charged the Donation Value and will not be donating to Make Humanity Great Again. Also note that pre-paid customers who are trying to donate £20 or £30 (for example) but have insufficient credit, may only be charged £10 or £20 (as applicable).
- If you would like to contribute a different amount to Make Humanity Great Again, you can donate online via the link on eddieizzard.com
- All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to send a text donation to us.
- Eddie Izzard, Make Humanity Great Again, The Talent Fund and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text not being properly received.
- To find out more about Make Humanity Great Again, or if you have questions about this service, please email [email protected]
- The text donation service is provided by Fonix Mobile Limited. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact Fonix at the following email address: [email protected] or write to Fonix Mobile Limited, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ or call on the following Helpline Number: 0208 114 7001(Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:30).
- Make Humanity Great Again is a fund administered by The Talent Fund. The Talent Fund is a registered charity, number 1185346 (England and Wales).
- Eddie Izzard and The Talent Fund each reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. We will post our updated terms and conditions on this website so please check regularly for any revisions. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.